Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Off to school

The new semester started today and I wanted to see how well I could get by using only the Cr-48.  I'll admit that I did have a "backup" netbook with me, my eeePC 901, but I didn't need it!  Chrome OS and the Cr-48 got me through a full day of classes and research from 8:30 to 4:30.  The Cr-48 was in nearly continuous use, on battery.  I didn't have any problems connecting to the university network or to the various secure course websites I needed for classes.  I was able to view all of the course materials (PDFs and PowerPoint slides, mostly) with no problems and I took my class notes using Google Docs.  I feel much more confident now in taking only the Cr-48 with me to class.  The one remaining question is how much development I can do on the Cr-48. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment